HENDRICKSON, KORMANN, DUGAN & KEMERY ARE BIG WINNERS
Drive for Dylan 50 Won by Scott Dugan
There were several new faces in Bridgeport’s Victory Lane at the end of the night of racing and several of them arrived there after competing in “borrowed” equipment.
The rained out Spirit Dodge Big Block Modified feature event from May 16th was the first on the schedule. Wade Hendrickson, behind the wheel of the Mike Iles owned #711, wheeled his loaned mount into the lead at the start of the twenty-five lap feature event and led all twenty-five laps to capture his first win of the season. Hendrickson’s last Bridgeport win came last July when the “Flying Farmer” picked up his 54th Bridgeport win behind the wheel of the C&S Equipment #6. When engine problems sidelined Hendrickson’s C&S mount, Hendrickson picked up the ride in the #711 and the driver and crew went to Victory Lane. Jamie Mills wheeled his Blue Hen ride to a second place finish with last week’s winner, Sam Martz finishing third. David Hunt and Ryan Watt rounded out the top five.
Eric Kormann picked up a ride in the Bob Sarkisian owned #47, powered by a small block modified. After chasing race leader, Mike Franz for twenty-two laps, Kormann was able to take advantage when Franz battled a very tight race car in the closing laps. As the leaders came to the line to complete lap twenty-two, Korman held the advantage over Franz and drove to his first win of the season. Tommy Beamer drove the Thorton Gulf #31 small block to a second place finish ahead of Richie Pratt, Jr., Ryan Watt and Mike Franz.
It was a big night for the PennCo Tech Outlaw Stock Division as the Drive for Dylan 50 saw the Outlaw Stocks race for a fifty lap distance – more than three times the normal length of their weekly feature events. The race was organized to honor Dylan Doerr, the son of Bridgeport Outlaw competitor, Jeramy Doerr and Shanan Lea who lost his life in a heart wrenching accident last November at the all too young age of 16 months old. Dylan loved the races.
Gift bags were prepared for all of the young racing fans who were on hand for Saturday night’s event – as well as face painting and many kid oriented prizes throughout the night.
When the fifty lap event was halted at half way for a fuel stop, Jeramy Doerr had raced his way into the lead over Brian Ludwig, Pat Conaway, Billy Wroble and Bill Connolly. While the cars were being prepared for the second half of the race, the top ten at half way drew for their starting positions for the second half of the race.
After several tire changes, Scott Dugan had worked his way back up to sixth at the break and drew the second spot on the redraw while Doerr and Ludwig drew tenth and ninth respectively.
Dugan wasted no time in taking the lead on the restart and led every one of the final twenty-five laps to capture the win and the $2500 pay day plus lap money. Ludwig raced his way back to finish second followed by Wroble, Tom Wills, Jr. and Joe Meron at the checkered. Jeramy Doerr and Pat Conaway made contact coming to the checkered while running third and fourth.
After picking up his sixth win of the season in the D.A.’s Auto Body & Repair Rookie competition, Steven Kemery indicated how much he would like to be back in Victory Lane following the twenty lap Crate/Sportsman feature event. And that’s exactly what he did as he raced ahead of Pat Wall, Jim Britt, Scott Hulmes and Chris Jenkins at the checkered flag.
Kemery picked up the win in the eight lap Rookie feature event over Tom Holding, JR Burritt and Bryan Olsen.
NOTE – Last week, in the results for the TSRS Sprint cars, it was inadvertently omitted that Brittany Tresch had been a previous TSRS winner at Bridgeport. Tresch was the first woman to ever win a TSRS event but at the time that the article was written, it was not known that her win came at the Bridgeport Speedway. Our apologies to Brittany for the omission.
SPIRIT DODGE BIG BLOCK MODIFIEDS (25 LAPS – MAY 16TH FEATURE)
- Wade Hendrickson, 2. Jamie Mills, 3. Sam Martz, 4. David Hunt, 5. Ryan Watt, 6. Jack Swain, 7. Rick Laubach 8. Scott Ambruster, 9. Ian Humphreys, 10. Dave Shirk, 11. Howard O’Neal, 12. Scott Irwin, 13. Tommy Beamer, 14. Dominick Buffalino, 15. Richie Pratt, Jr., 16. Jesse Hill, 17. Ronnie Roberts, 18. Stan Frankenfield, 19. Mike Franz, 20. Eric Kormann, 21. Matt Jester, 22. Bob Sarkisian, 23. Dennis Drain, 24. Ricky DiEva
SPIRIT DODGE BIG BLOCK MODIFIEDS (25 LAPS)
- Eric Kormann (in second Sarkisian #47), 2. Tommy Beamer, 3. Richie Pratt, Jr., 4. Ryan Watt, 5. Mike Franz, 6. Dominick Buffalino, 7. David Hunt, 8. Jimmy Horton, 9. Wade Hendrickson, 10. Jack Swain, 11. Rick Laubach (in Irwin #92), 12. Scott Ambruster, 13. Jamie Mills, 14. Travis Hill, 15. Sam Martz (in second Mills #30), 16. Dave Shirk, 17. Ronnie Roberts, 18. Ricky DiEva, 19. Jesse Hill, 20. Bob Sarkisian, 21. Ian Humphreys, 22. Dennis Drain
DRIVE FOR DYLAN 50 FOR OUTLAW STOCKS (50 LAPS)
- Scott Dugan, 2. Brian Ludwig, 3. Billy Wroble, 4. Tom Wills, Jr., 5. Joe Meron, 6. Billy Connolly, 7. Pat Conaway, 8. Art Avery, 9. Rick Broschard, 10. Jeramy Doerr, 11. Ken Moren, 12. Jeff Dirkes, 13. Mike Creamer, 14. Terry Griffen, 15. Bill Liedtka, 16. Jason Saredy, 17. Bill Lesmerises, 18. Tom Wills, Sr. 19. Darren Cox, 20. Jimmy Avery, 21. Everett Taylor, 22. AJ Gonal, 23. Cleve Riehl, 24. TJ Henry
D.A.’s AUTO BODY & REPAIR ROOKIE FEATURE (8 LAPS)
- Steve Kemery, 2. Tom Holding, 3. JR Burritt, 4. Bryan Olsen
STEWART STAINLESS CRATE/SPORTSMAN FEATURE (20 LAPS)
- Steve Kemery, 2. Pat Wall, 3. Jim Britt, 4. Scott Hulmes, 5. Chris Jenkins, 6. Matthew Peck, 7. CJ Jones, 8. David Crossman, 9. Justin Lilick, 10. Dave Damiano, 11. Jeremy Harrington, 12. Brian Lilick, 13. Pete Visconti, 14. Jeff Bubori, 15. Chuck Potts, 16. Tom Holding, 17. JR Burritt, 18. Pete Serra, 19. Melissa Scarpatti, 20. Jeff Sargent
Friday, June 19, 2015 – No Racing
Saturday, June 20, 2015 – Bike Night – Big Block Modifieds, TSRS Sprint Cars, Crate/Sportsman & Rookies – Racing at 7pm
Sunday, June 21, 2015 – Poker Series Hand #3 on quarter mile – 270 & 600cc Micros, Slingshots, Stage 1 Modifieds and 4 Cylinder Enduros, racing at 5:30
Friday, June 26, 2015 – 270 & 600 Micros, 4 & 8 Cylinder Enduros and STARS Mod Lites on the quarter mile – racing at 8pm
Saturday, June 27, 2015 – Graduation Night for the Rookies, Big Block Modifeds, Crate/Sportsman & Outlaw Stocks – racing at 7pm