JAMIE MILLS TOPS BIG BLOCK MODIFIED FIELD AT BRIDGEPORT
Friday, May 8, 2015 – ARDC MIDGETS – 270 & Wingless 600 Micro Sprints and Eight Cylinder Enduros, racing at 8pm
Saturday, May 9, 2015 – MOTHER’S DAY FLOWER GIVEAWAY – Big Block Modifieds, Crate/Sportsman, Outlaw Stocks, Rookies and Garden State Vintage Cars, racing at 6pm
Friday, May 15, 2015 – OPEN MODIFIEDS – 270 & Wingless 600 Micro Sprints and Four-Cylinder Enduros, racing at 8pm
Saturday, May 16, 2015 – BIKE NIGHT – Big Block Modifieds, Crate/Sportsman, Outlaw Stocks and Rookies, racing at 6:30
JAMIE MILLS TOPS BIG BLOCK MODIFIED FIELD AT BRIDGEPORT
Wins Go to Mills, Wall, Wills, Sr., Kemery & Wagner
Jamie Mills drove the Milford, DE Blue Hen #30 to victory in the Spirit Dodge Big Block Modified feature event for his first win on the 5/8 mile speedway in nearly three years – overcoming an early race incident to rebound for the win. Pat Wall made it two in a row as he picked up the win in the Stewart Stainless Crate/Sportsman and Steve Kemery was the first repeat winner in the D.A.’s Auto Body & Repair Rookie Feature. Tom Wills, Sr. made believers out of everyone as he captured the Pennco Tech Outlaw Stock feature. Eddie Wagner came out on top of the Hilborn Injection Tri State Race Saver Sprints that saw more than a half dozen lead changes among four different drivers before the checkered flag waved.
After being sidelined after one lap just one week ago, Mills led the field to the start, taking the lead over Scott Ambruster for lap one. As the leaders raced through turns three and four on the next circuit, Mills “ran out of talent”, briefly tangling with Ambruster. Both drivers were able to recover quickly but not before Tommy Beamer put his Thornton Gulf #31 out in front.
Beamer was the race leader through lap eight when the caution waved for the first time. Beamer elected to start from the outside but Mills and Watt quickly moved ahead of Beamer on the start. After a strong early run, Beamer slowed as Jesse Hill moved up to third. Two time feature winner, Rick Laubach joined the top four on lap ten. The leaders raced in pairs as Mills and Watt raced for the lead and Hill and Laubach raced for third.
Hill lost his brakes while running third as Laubach took over the position on lap fifteen.
Watt dogged Mills, lap after lap, frequently racing to Mills back bumper. Lapped traffic added another variable to the race for the lead as Laubach got a run on Watt on lap twenty but Watt regained the spot as they exited turn two. Richie Pratt, Jr. made his presence known, taking fourth from Hill on lap twenty one. Two cautions for mechanical failures realigned the field during the final five laps. Mills got sideways in turn four coming for two to go but Watt was unable to capitalize on the opportunity.
Mills drove to the win followed by Watt, Laubach, Pratt and Hill.
Second year driver, Justin Lilick led the first nine laps of the Stewart Stainless Crate/Sportsman feature event before being passed by his brother, Kris on lap ten. Kris led through lap sixteen, with Wall taking over on the backstretch of lap seventeen. Lilick and Jim Britt tangled one lap later, taking both drivers out of contention. CJ Jones was on the move as he took second from Steve Searock in the closing laps. A third Lilick brother, Bob finished fourth followed by Justin Lilick in fifth.
After losing the lead on the final lap one week ago, Tom Wills, Sr. bounced right back to claim the win in the Pennco Tech Outlaw Stock Feature, regaining the lead after being passed by three time winner, Jeramy Doerr. Following Wills, Sr. and Doerr across the line were Rick Broschard, Ed Bischoff and Ken Moren.
Steve Kemery picked up his second D.A.’s Auto Body & Repair Rookie feature win over JR Burritt, Bryan Olsen and Tom Holding.
Eddie Wagner came away with the twenty lap win in the Hilborn Tri State Race Savers Sprint Car feature event after numerous lead changes. Dave Brown led the first two circuits before Jon Haegele took over on lap three. Wagner led lap eleven but Haegele came back one lap later. Brown took over again but it was Wagner out in front for the win for the final two laps. Brown finished second followed by Mike Haggenbottom, Haegele and Bob DeVault.
SPIRIT AUTO CENTERS BIG BLOCK MODIFIEDS (25 LAPS)
- Jamie Mills, 2. Ryan Watt, 3. Rick Laubach, 4. Richie Pratt, Jr., 5. Jesse Hill, 6. Howard O’Neal, 7. Sam Martz, 8. Eric Kormann, 9. Ron Roberts, 10. Dominick Buffalino, 11. Dave Hunt, 12. Jack Swain, 13. Ryan Anderson, 14. Kyle Hieber, 15. Rusty Smith, 16. Mike Franz, 17. Corey Andersen, 18. Ricky DiEva, 19. Scott Irwin, 20. Scott Ambruster, 21. Bob Sarkisian, 22. Stan Frankenfield, 23. Wade Hendrickson, 24. Tommy Beamer, DNS – Dave Shirk, DNQ – Chuck Potts, Andrew Belmont
STEWART STAINLESS SUPPLY CRATE/SPORTSMAN (20 LAPS)
- Pat Wall, 2. C.J. Jones, 3. Steve Searock, 4. Bob Lilick, 5. Justin Lilick, 6. Dave Damiano, 7. Jeremy Harrington, 8. Jim Britt, 9. Steve Desmelyk, 10. Kris Lilick, 11. Nick Nicotra, 12. Tom Holding, 13. J.R. Burritt, 14. Scott Hulmes, 15. David Crossman, 16. Gary Hieber, Jr., 17. Kevin Belmont, 18. Steve Kemery, 19. Matthew Peck, 20. Harry Landis, 21. Jeff Sargent, 22. Sean Gunther, 23. Pete Serra, DNS – Melissa Scarpati
PENNCO TECCH OUTLAW STOCKS (15 LAPS)
- Tom Wills, Sr., 2. Jeramy Doerr, 3. Rick Broschard, 4. Ed Bischoff, 5. Ken Moren, 6. Jeff Dirkes, 7. James Rader, 8. Tom Wills, Jr., 9. Mike Vanimen
D.A.’S AUTO BODY & REPAIR ROOKIE FEATURE (8 LAPS)
- Steve Kemery, 2. J.R. Burritt, 3. Bryan Olsen, 4. Tom Holding, DNS – Andy Lambert
HILBORN TSRS 305 SPRINTS (20 LAPS)
- Eddie Wagner, 2. David Brown, 3. Mike Haggenbottom, 4. Jon Haegele, 5. Bob DeVault, Jr., 6. Adam Carberry, 7. Tim Tanner, 8. Jeff Geiger, 9. Rick Steif, 10. Chris Allen, 11. Jamie Kostic, 12. Karl Freyer, 13. Joe Lord, 14. Scott Frack, 15. Sam Lieberman, 16. Harris Kohen, 17. Zack Byrd, 18. Bryant Davis, 19. Joe Kay, 20. Tim Smolenyak, 21. Pat U’Selis, DNS – Tony Smolenyak